We love books. You will never see me walk out of a thrift store without a stack of children’s books. My kids love to sit in their room and go through all their books. So today we picked out some of our favorites that we read over and over and over again.
My 5 year old son’s current favorites:
1. The Mine-O-Saur by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen
2. There’s a Wocket in my Pocket by Dr. Seuss
3. The Little Train that Could by Watty Piper
4. Little Toot by Hardie Gramatky
5. Just Like Dad by Mercer Meyer (Little Critter Collection)
6. Sammy the Seal by Syd Hoff
7. Just Lost by Mercer Meyer (Little Critter Collection)
8. Peter Pan the Big Golden Book Collection
My 3 year old daughter’s current favorites:
1. Cinderella the Big Golden Book Collection
2. Peter Pan the Big Golden Book Collection
3. What Does Cow Say? by Joan Holub
4. Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
5. The Gink by Tish Rabe
Our family favorite:
The Monster at the End of this Book.
I used to only sit down and read books to my kids right before bed, but some nights I was just so tired that I felt I was rushing through books instead of enjoying the one-on-one time with my kids. So I made it a goal to have reading time in the mornings after breakfast, as well as right before bed. This new time has worked out so well for us!